Friday, December 5, 2008

This is your captain speaking

It's a good thing someone around here is willing to take responsibility and check on our planes/flights. I woke up around 4 but have been postponing actually getting up as long as possible. Finally around 4:30, after I'd checked everything else online, I decided to check on our flight before getting in the shower. Yesterday we had joked about getting snowed in until later today so we wouldn't have to work 5 flights. Turns out someone took care of it for us. Our plane is [sick] and won't be well until around 3 this afternoon. I then called my captain, who in turn called flight control to confirm these shenanigans.

So now that I've been asleep since 8pm I don't know what to do. I woke up around 9pm feeling extremely confused. I thought it was morning and I had overslept. I looked out the window and could only see white so I thought there really had been a blizzard. There was a missed call from scheduling. Turns out I'd only been sleeping for an hour and they were calling because on behalf of another flight attendant who wanted me to contact her about trading my trip.

And that's all I have for 4:53am from Grand Rapids. Over.

No comments: