Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sleep calls, and I must answer

Today I was one of "those" flight attendants. The ones who seem miserable and never smile and look like they hate you. It's probably because they do hate you. I don't hate anyone, but I'm worn out and frustrated. I didn't even have it in me to smile. It bothered me because I wanted everyone to know that I really am a nice person. But I couldn't do it. Yesterday was a hellacious day between maintenance issues and weather. We only did 4 of 5 flights but were on duty for 14.5 hours. We got sent home and had to come back at 9am and once again had maintanance. This puts people in a terrible mood obviously. I just wanted to tell them hey, I've been dealing with this for the last 36 hours and I'm more sick of it than you are. Plus there was a lot of turbulence which wears me down after a while. Yesterday I had some nice passengers that really helped me survive the day, but today everyone was mean and rude. I need a massage. I need a few days off. I need sleep.

I'm in Burlington, one of my favorite cities, and I'm in bed at 6pm. I went for a run earlier, but that's about all I can handle. I think I'm going to be happy and feel good when I wake up in the morning.

No comments: